Wednesday, June 13, 2007

yo hablo espanol


where is this guide when i need it?

well i'm trying to learn it at least. so i am leaving for mexico on july 5th and in effort to prepare for my study abroad i've been listening to Spanish music this whole month. i'm devoted on my commute to happy valley to permeate my mind with Espanol. yesterday i went to the city library on 4th (which is so beautiful) and checked out some intermediate Spanish audio cds. i think someone would have a good laugh hearing me repeat aloud things in Spanish but i've decided not to look at anyone while concentrating so hard at stop lights to my cds. what would even be more of laugh is the sheer happiness and satisfied looked i probably get (i say this because i feel it on my face) when i translate a phrase correctly before they tell me the right answer on the cd. the lil' joys of life.

3 comments:

Natalie Black said...

I love Spanish music! I can sing along to some of my favorites even though I don't know what the heck they're saying. I recommend: Ricky Martin, Vuelve, Tracks 2, 7, 9; Enrique Iglesias, anything, I think he has a Spanish greatest hits CD; Shakira, Donde Estan los Ladrones; Mana, Esenciales: Eclipse, Track 5 "Vivir Sin Aire" -such a great song. Have fun with your "learning!"

Alyssa said...

oye muchacha...tenemos que practicar mucho antes de que te vayas. quiero saber cuales son los favoritos de los CDs que te preste? te deseo suerte y ya sabes que estoy aqui para ayudarte en lo que sea...

jess said...

natalie- thanks for the recommendations...

lyssa- me gusta muchos de su musica! Me encanta a Shakira porque se un poco de las canciones antes de ella. tambien me gusta otros pero necesito leer los nombres de ellos.

see i need practice!