Friday, November 7, 2008

a week in review...

counting backwards...

happiness of today. i got health insurance. i can now rightfully go to the doctor and pay for it. i can ride my bike again. really ride my bike. i can get on a long board and crash and see a doctor. i have what everyone should have health care. at work today i'm reminded that they respect and value my opinion. i met a state board that is passionate, active, in serving the children and youth in oregon. amongst the crowd was michael harper, blazers alumni. also i'm in my new comfy coffee house drinking a ginger brew, listening to a live guitar & mandolin and they're singing that song that says hallelujah hallelujah. i don't know who sings it but i love it. i've heard it before and i'm even singing along myself.

happiness of yesterday. thursday

they are recycle nazis like me! whoa! i finally got my trash and recycle bins. hopefully i can figure out what goes out when and in what bin.

i got dental insurance. i shamefully haven't been to the dentist for let's say over a year and it may even be two... my eyes rested on the fall country side of the small town of newberg oregon and was enlightened on the progress and direction of homeless and runaway youth. i was re inspired by attending my friend's second missionary discussion. i came home and was enlightened by luke 4:18. i think many of us are unaware of the bruised, my job is opening my eyes wider to what that all entails. i have a renewed interest in looking to what Christ did and who he was among if really i'm supposed to be like Him.


wednesday. the dynamics of working in a group.


tuesday. hello. election day. see other post. YES WE CAN!

monday. day one of commuting to work on my bike. no hills to work means no sweating in my "professional" clothes. the ride home was well...wet. i was soaked because we'll it was raining. i bought a light for the front of my bike and couldn't tighten it down enough so i had to hold it. i tried to make friends at the bike shop but already forgot the guys' name who helped me because i started acting shy. i did find out that there's a lil group of women that mtn. bike. i hope to find them saturday and introduce myself and make some friends that way. maybe these people will like obama, unlike MANY peeps from my congregation. sad. they think i'm so liberal. what's weird is i'm so CONSERVATIVE to so many of my friends. funny huh.

back to monday. after being drenched in my work clothes i was welcomed by a package from karen. it warmed my heart. i got a karen special handmade wildflower card with the best quote. i'll get it posted soon.

sunday. i love at least getting another hour to sleep with daylight savings.


sat. express ballot to the sl of da c

friday. halloween! haunted house number two. jack-o-lantern sloppy joe tradition. wearing black eyeliner to be part of the band. i was lead guitar. luckily all those years playing air guitar in the car by myself paid off.

1 comment:

Juli said...

Live music, recycling, that's my Jessie . . . Miss you!