Sunday, October 18, 2009

we don't get along

so i've been reminded
of who i don't along with:
mr. broil
i'm unsure if it's my inability to focus on something
for such a small bit of time
or my want of multi-tasking
most of the time
(which is proving not to be
my greatest skill either)
or is my vision off?
whatever the reason
i'm not to be trusted with broil
brushetta...overdone
this morning english muffins...overdone
i can think of multiple times in college
of smoke billowing out of the oven
i gave you up for awhile
and i thought being
older, wiser
may help
but
i just don't think it's going to work out between us

6 comments:

Maggie said...

You don't need Mr. Broil. There's other ways to get things warmed up, and you seem to be doing just fine. Remember Mr. Broil focuses on the outside first not really seeing what's inside that counts. Toss him aside-don't turn his dial-he's burned you in the past and he'll never change.

Juli said...

Me neither. He's such a jerk!

Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary said...

I lit garlic bread on fire once...yep full blown flames thanks to Mr. Broil. Sweet!

Sparklebot said...

I've never had an issue with Mr. Broil. Maybe because I like bad boys and a little danger.

Danielle Merket said...

Get a toaster oven. I LOVE Mr. Toaster Oven.