Sunday, August 1, 2010

fisherwoman

most of you
probably don't know
that in the wee years of my life
with a river in my backyard
we even had a lil island
that you could fish off
i believe it was a
white snoopy push button pole
that served me well
i later found out that
a fish hatchery dumped fish
into the river
which upped my odds
in catching
but i had no problem
putting bait
and cleaning fish
when i was a little girl
well times have changed
i don't like putting worms on hooks
because i feel bad
and i won't kill the fish
but new outfits
help the processno i'm not pregnant
and no one looks good in waders
ok?
then we moved from OR to AZ
where i had a lake 10 minutes from my house
needless to say
i heart water
and still wear a wave ring
that i got from with my sister 10 years
because i love water
back to fishing...
so last time i went fishing
was either in nebraska
with leslie
or making out with my high school boyfriend
when the fish weren't biting
so...
i got here to alaska tuesday
and kaye and jared
were ready to boogie that night
to go camping
me and ty ty
jared and i fished the next day
and the day afterlook at my determined facecombat fishing
he's MUCH better than i'll ever be
so salmon are starting to run upstream
they're not crazy yet
but they're coming...
hopefully by the time my dad gets here
they'll be in full force

fishing results
day one
jared wondered
how many times
i could get my line snagged
o.k. actually
he was really patient
and i was the frustrated one
re-doing my line
with new flies
and weighs
i don't know how many times
day one count
jared: three
jessie: 0
kaye: saint of a mother
kaye just was so kind to just let me fish
she was awesome
entertaining the kids
as jared taught me
how to fish
day twoi was the net girl for awhile
and maybe lost 2 fish for people
in two daysi caught a dead fish carcass
gross!
day two count
jared: four
angie: two
malia curious about angie's fish
jessie: ONE!!!i was grossed
out just to hold
the fish this way
i'm a wimp
i know...kaye: special sainthood recognition
of a mother
malia: striking a posewatching her dad fillet the salmoncoloringgetting her dad to color with herhelping out with tyler
cute lil fishing family!
more adventures ahead!

4 comments:

glenna said...

Can't wait to squeeze you!

Maggie said...

Looks like a great time.

Chris Grover said...

jess, you make fishing so hot! you cutie!

Monica said...

Well - you are definately faster at posting than Kaye will every be. So it's fun to check here and see what kind of fun you are having up there. Looks like a good time!