Wednesday, June 25, 2008

where to start...

we{ll needless to say i{ve been busy. Currently I{m in Guatemala City and just gone done dropping off a friend (Flo) traveling back to Costa Rica and I also went to the Guatemala City temple. It was beautiful... For the past few days we{ve been in San Pedro Laguna on the shore of Lago Atitlan. It was gorgeous... it felt definately foreign (you think) as we decended down the mountainside towards the lake it felt like I could see small costal town of Italy or Greece, thus not as elegant but it caught my breath. It was a very tranquilo place. There{s a lot of indiginous people there, they speak a dialect of Mayan and I couldn{t tell you what it{s called for the life of me. It sounds semi's similar to Navajo which I think is intriguing...

We got there in the early evening and then the next day we rode horses for 20 quetzals aka less than 3 bucks per person. It was excellent especially since Flo and Amanda haven{t rode for years. They were all giggles and it was hilarious. Then we got an hour and a half massage for about 20 bucks. The place was wonderful, our hotel cost us 60 queztals total for 3 days. Dirt cheap is wonderful. We also ate this woman{s restaurante that was dead but had delicious food for less than $3 every meal... we ate their 4 x and tried to entertain her baby while she graciously cooked for us. It was an excellent place and I even met someone that had worked in Page, random.

Other exciting news before we went to Lago Atitlan we went to Volcan Pacaya. Look it up. Basically we hiked up another Volcan (#3) and saw lava. I{m talking inches from us. The rubber from our shoes were melting and all. As soon as I can find a compute that enjoys uploading pictures I{ll post. I saw a lava flow... I{m talking a lava river. It was honestly mind baffeling.

Guatemala is pretty dang amazing, needless to say. more later

2 comments:

Kaye and Jared said...

SOunds like you are having the time of your life!! I'm so jealous!! I can't wait to see ALL of your pics!!

glenna said...

Be so careful!