Sunday, September 14, 2008

church nursery=birth control sabbath




actually surprising enough it was the calmest 2 hours of nursery i've ever experienced. thus there was only 7 kids and i was back-up for the subsitute teacher but it went amazing well. i remember being asked to substitute in the past and leaving thinking i'd never have children, EVER, so maybe it's a grace of God, or a sweet mercy from Jesus but whichever i'm grateful that i made it through today.
other church recap is i love being confused with my little sister. we're 7 years apart and i think yes we look alike but not that alike, she looks more asian.two older men, bless their hearts, gave me a hug at church man #1 asked if i was ready to go back to school and i informed him that actually my younger sister went back to school and that i had actually just completed my masters and am in the process of interviewing for jobs. he was a little flustered and confused but made the correction by stating that now it was the pressure of putting all that info to work. i felt like saying... actually i've been in the "real world" before and had a "real" job and was even a supervisor so i've actually been there and am just returning again, but i just smiled.

man #2 also got me confused with "the favorite" and asked when i was getting married. (more confusion becasue my lil' sis's boyfriend flew from hawaii and was there one week in church, so he obviously thought i was her or he's completely rude, which i doubt.) i told him no, i wasn't getting married but informed him that i was looking for a good one and then i'd make the plung.
my time is ticking here at home, good thing it's my last sunday here, i'm heading north starting this week.

3 comments:

Abbs said...

ha ha ha the title just did me in.
& gee when's the next time i'm gonna see you & jaimie!? we miss ya both!
xo

Jaimie said...

Ha! classic. Oh, and you know, that IS the real reason why I came here to BYUH, because there wasn't enough Asians in Idaho...I felt like I didn't fit in...

And yes, I have been asked at LEAST 5 times if I "have Asian decent"...

Rob and Heather said...

Oh Jessie... I just had to make a comment on your blog about this post. I am seriously with you on so many levels. 1st the nursery... its other peoples kids that make you think that you will never want to have any. 2nd the whole man#1 & man #2... I am sure I could guess... Does anything need to be said. I hate this invisable time table, that apprently, you are never on the right page... Good luck with all your interviews. they all sound really good.