Tuesday, September 2, 2008

motherboard

so after calling back the people after having my laptop for 6 days (if you're in a family business i think holiday weekends are void) the man told me that i needed a new video chip and needed to send it in to toshiba. i felt like i clearly stated when i dropped off the laptop that i had some important things a.k.a. job application stuff that i needed pronto so i would have thought that that would impress someone who owned a business, family or not, to call me back and give me some updates, but no i called them today.
with this news i came into their business that was like a dirty home with kid stuff everywhere and just a plain mess, and i'm not a very tidy person mind you. so as i talked to the man i asked if maybe i could hook up a monitor to the back of the laptop and it would work o.k. he then informed me that no, he already tried that and that i have a motherboard problem that he hopes i have warranty for. that's not what i wanted to hear. luckily for me he informed me of what i needed to do and was helpful in person and only charged me $20 for a diagnosing fee. shoot i charged a lot more than that for diagnosing people in therapy during my practicum (free of any type of stipend or hourly wage from me... but don't worry the byu students got paid but the ute didn't...anyways whatever i think i'm over those 450 free hours of work) . so i was gracious of the little fee he charged but the word motherboard is never good.
i told my cousin and she reminded me that anything with the word mother in it or in front of it NEVER good. mothership, motherload, motherhen, mother... let you mind wander in other words associated... this is not good news. you don't mess with other peoples' mothers or mockin' their mothers either. now the joys include: one, i have to go search through receipts and warranty papers. two, i'm subject to dial up while i'm indefinably in page. three, i may lose everything and i haven't even had my laptop for hopefully less than two years and it's even consumer reported as the best buy. all i'm asking is for some resurrecting powers to happen. pray for my laptop, it's my first one ever.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

I bought a laptop yesterday...its still in the box because I can't bring myself to commit. I'm sure everything will turn out fine, remember how you got your camera back good as new for only a small fee? Good luck friend!

Dezi & Brock said...

HAhaha, you're always trying to pretend you cuss, thanks for letting people's minds wander. I need to get back to work instead of read all your blogs... my life is lame, I have SERIOUS time management issues...

Jaymi said...

Wow it sounds like you've always got something going on. We all need to get together sometime for lunch or something with so many of us pretty close.

Jaimie said...

lame. so much for consumer reports, eh? My computer went wacko on my as well a couple of months ago, but it snapped out of it....at least I think so. next time just call a friend that knows about computers, and save the time wasted with crappy customer service of Page america :)