Thursday, September 11, 2008

kindness & highspeed

so my kind family and friends have had pity/sympathy on me and have been allowing me to come over and use their computer, even when they're out of town. plain kind. so yesterday i was at my cousin mandy's for hours and now lois and mike gave me a key and free reign on their garden and computer with high speed internet while their gone.

updated news: i had no idea people don't know about snopes. i was telling my friend, dezi, about it yesterday and she had no idea what snopes was and she's a freaking teacher with a masters degree. hmmm....

in new news: i just found out this morning that i get to go on the rogue river in oregonwith karen! I can't wait to enjoy some whitewater goodness around the 21st of this month. it's perfect timing b/c i have an interview there on the 26th. i'm really hoping for this job. it sounds up my alley and the people i spoke with are excited about their job and the potential for growth and progress. it's music to my ears to have someone truly excited to their job. i'm hoping the soon to be hemmed suit, witch shoes, and me inside all of those things will go well as i meet them. my first interview was over the phone and those are just plain hard, i was nervous and i forgot all the witty things i was going to say and they didn't even know i was wearing my interview shoes the WHOLE time during the interview. if they only knew. wish me luck!

3 comments:

Abbs said...

good luck! =D
& those pix are gorgeous...who'da thought somewhere like that actually existed?
xo

Jaimie said...

Yeah, probably wearing your witch shoes with pajama pants and no bra on... :)
Oh yeah, I've never heard of snopes either.

Globe Trecker said...

Good luck with your interview in OR! We went to that same location for interviews in January and did a lot of research back then (we opted not to take the job) so shoot me an email if you have any questions!