Sunday, August 31, 2008

on the blink

so my laptop is on the blink and i caught a cold from holding a baby for a little bit a few days ago. catching a cold in the summer just seems to be a sin. the place where i took my laptop informed me it was a "family business" and that i could just leave it there to be diagnosed and was assured that this woman's husband would look at it after he put down his baby in the back. hmmm... it should have been a clue when approaching the building that i heard random noises from the speaker outside the store and upon entering found that it was a movie their older child was watching in the store. needless to say i've gotten no call from them yet. i called friday since i let them know it was urgent since i was working on an application that needed to get in quickly. i smarted up and just redid the application on thursday. now i'm subject to dial up and really who uses dial up anymore? my parents. so the stories of gold panning and updates on the favorite and her boyfriend visit will have to wait. pray for my laptop... i know they haven't gotten far if they haven't called yet to get my password to get into my computer. one of the joys of page america.

6 comments:

Ben and Jenny said...

Jessie, my parents have had dial up for years! They barely switched last week. I will pray for your computer. Good luck!

Monica said...

Yea - best of luck with that. Nice family business.

Beau, Amanda, Gracie, and Evie said...

Marsha needs to get with the internet times and move up to DSL...If you are reading this Marsha I love you I promise but come on dial up??? More like slow up. Jess...go get your computer from the hippies and take it to corporate america I hear Comp USA does a great job. Miss you..come see me you jobless wonder

Dezi & Brock said...

You're such a Mormon. You would ask people to pray for a laptop in a blog. Hahaha, you served a mission right??! Haha, and spare everyone your depressing updates of the random favorite and her boyfriend. No one needs to know.

Jaimie said...

Oh boy, let the analyzing begin...

Jaimie said...

I'm confused, and should I be offended by the last comment? hm...