Sunday, June 14, 2009

change in personal religion

so i've been saying for years church dances are against my religion
my personal religion that is
i remember vetoing them years ago
only to be talked into going
if there was a cute boy i was digging
who talked me into it
or if i was the new kid in town
and thought... maybe it'll be different here

well the time came again...
now with my congregation in portland
the debate was do i go or not
the catch was... the dance was on a boat
cruising around p-town

so i went...
and actually had fun.
the lame music i have heard in my ears for years
at such dances were gone.

moving my bootie was great
were there awkward men,
sure as to be expected anywhere

i have a new open heart to hip hop music
i've been on a chill, easy, indie kick for while
well since my sister let me borrow her ipod
for the last few weeks of training
her get goin' mix
has given me beats that i've been missing

luckily i've been running in secluded places
or you may catch me dancing while running
picture that...
or singing along while running...
it's just like my friends, smash & jeff's,
version of karaoke
but only where you're the only one hearing the music
and everyone gets to laugh at you
but you can't hear them...

anyways, i'm turning a new page.
maybe not to church dances
but get me on a boat and i'll dance.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Ever since I saw Johnny Depp in a movie dancing on a barge boat I say go for it! Thanks for being such a great sister to Jaimie this last week. The pictures make me miss Oregon. Hey--I think I can see that dancing barge coming around the corner for you up ahead.

Jaimie said...

ye-yeah! I'm glad it was fun. BYUH had a dance on a boat last year and it was pretty fun too. You now have my rockin' beats while you have my ipod...but you need to hurry and get headphones! don't you dare wait until the last minute. love you

Arden said...

It's about time you get with the Music...Sounds like someone is really changing their mind on church dances, well I am not there yet, but, I will take after you and possible go to one. Not! However, a dance on a boat...that sounds so awesome! Maybe I'll do the Heber Train for homecoming!

Leslie said...

I'd go if it were on a boat too.