Friday, July 3, 2009

in case you were wondering

i know some of you may wonder how to run/win a marathon
let me explain...
first you need to recieve the prep package
thank you danielle

next you need to have a runner photo above your bed
this ensures that your mind will imagine running throughout the night
lucky for me this is even a sticker

next be ready with a sweatband of your favorite color
obviously my favorite color is orange
also follow up with chafing neon x-large running shorts
when you train in these
they prep your legs for chafing on race day
and use body glide on race day
excessively
i didn't i had to get lubed up
at a medic station during the race
that woman with a popsicle stick
with of who knows what
vasoline?
she was my angel of mercy
new fancy socks
although on the day before the race
i got talked into the double lining sock
that was supposed to NOT give blisters
i'm a convert... borrow your sister's ipod
(thanks favorite!)
or if you're like the rest of the world
use your ipod for good beats
and to remind you that hip hop music is righteousget used to foreign objects on your shoes
in the race they track your time with this
hello 1984!

with all these helpful hints you can win

like me...


don't be jealous
just go run your own marathon!

3 comments:

Dainon. said...

Body Glide is the answer to everything, that's for certain.

Jaimie said...

trophy even? Where'd you get that? They didn't give that to everyone, right? YES! I'm glad you like the music, I wasn't sure if you would or not in the beginning. When I moved to hawaii I was resistent at first but then I gave in and officially embraced it. mmm.

Naomi said...

I love this for so many reasons.