Sunday, November 29, 2009

dirty 30

after a slightly crazy week of my g-pa
in and then out of the hospital
we rang in my 30th year of life
as the clock ticked to midnight
by a bonfire at dry lake north of vegas ahh tender...
sparklers... legal in nevada
we were trying
to write i heart you...
you kinda get it...
right?
sparklicous
end of the night
i lapped the fire 30 times
we even danced with glowstick jewelry
who needs alcohol or drugs?
cousins and friends do the job.
other than that...
30 sounds old...
sad.
dirty 30

10 comments:

Mindee said...

Happy Birthday Jess! Hope you had a great day!

Will & Cheyenne said...

Happy Birthday girl!!

Juli said...

Sounds old but isn't :)

Sparklebot said...

It IS old. I have been 30 for about 3 months and let me just tell you . . . it's terrible!

kylem said...

Happy Birthday!

HollyCate said...

don't worry, thirty is the new thirty

Robin said...

30 is young!! Glad you finally caught up with us :-). People say 50 is the new 40, 40 is the new 30, so perhaps 30 is the new 20??? Sounds a little weird and young. I do have to admit it sounds weird when I tell someone I'm 30. I still feel 27.

Hilary said...

Was that 30 naked laps...just curious?

glenna said...

I like flirty 30 much better. I say that could make all the difference!

Dezi & Brock said...

How could you be so drop dead sexy at 30?? I wanna grow up to be like you, in March :)