Sunday, November 15, 2009

kait to the rescue

this week work was busy busy...
as it's been for a while
the holiday didn't actually help
in preparing for my work trip to paisley
but the holiday was enjoyed
by a great day in the temple
earlier in the week
i mentioned to my friend, kait,
that i was heading to lake county
a county we both serve
but in different departments in the state
she's been trying to find a time to come down and luckily for me
she could come with me on thursday
i worked in wilsonville all day thursday
then met kait in salem and headed to summer lake
around 4 p.m.
luckily willamette pass wasn't as bad as we thoughts it'd be
and i scheduled a 4 wheel drive this time in case of snow
instead of the hybrid i did last winter
and learned how to put chains on for my first time up santiam pass
i've been on the edge of getting sick
so it was so relieving to
a. have kait just come with me for the 6+hr drive
b. have company, and good company
c. she even drove most of the way which gave me more time to prepare
needless to say, i'm grateful
this is pretty much what paisley looks like...
cute town, good people from lake county
wanting to make a difference in their community
we met at the homestead restaurant
and switch up the old man but it looked just like this
with killer cinnamon buns and soup! kait even jazzed up the day
by doing some activities that moved the group,
(i was the boring one)
got them thinking and showed the great program
she runs for sexual education in the state
the driving to and fro in the dark
didn't allow for as many beautiful scenes hoping to be seen
but we got to see the starry night sky thurs night
and even got to hear coyotes right by the hotel.
eastern oregon is pretty magical
being sick= nothing magical
kait then saved the day yesterday too-
when i was changing the oil to my car
i already drained the oil
but found out i couldn't get the oil filter off
so she kindly picked me up
and i got a device that actually worked in loosening the filter
i just hope i didn't contaminate kait
or any of the rest i presented to
i realized i worked too much during the week
which made me sick over the weekend
not healthy.

2 comments:

Juli said...

Wait, I might know this Katie you're talking about . . . I really think I do. That would be cool.

Sparklebot said...

You change your own oil?