Monday, October 20, 2008

still in shambles

so i arrived in salem in enough time to pick up two dollies and be at my house at precisely 1:05. these peeps need to know i'm late early on in our acquaintance in order for it to work out. i had 2 guys and my friend kate their to help. more was supposed to show up but lunchtime isn't the easiest time for people. don't worry i recruited on sunday since the 3-4 of us couldn't get my piano out by ourselves. i wish i had a picture of the guys yesterday getting that heavy old thing out. it's always quite a process, maybe i got it too early but now with a 40 hr a week job i can have hobbies again and my piano is on my list. along with my guitar, taking a welding class, etc.
so this morning i proudly got rid of that 26' penske truck out of my life and ran home in the misty rain. i bet my neighbors are happy and i can't wait to just drive my lil civi and whip around corners again.
sad news of the day is, i was supposed to get my heat turned on and was told i could leave a key under the mat if i wasn't home which i did just for the time to turn my truck back and run the 2.2 miles. so of course i get this, then i call they say there was a "miscommunication" and they have to type into their lil computer that i was going to leave a key. that was NOT what i was told. i explained i had no heating and had already to wait but to no avail, i have to wait till wednesday when i'm out of town and properly leave my key then. grrrr... when did their miscommunication become my cold consequence. not fair but i decided to vent here briefly instead of acting like a jerk on the phone and be worked up the rest of the day. i already have to go in the office later today to do paperwork. who likes to do that anyways. but oh i'll have benefits again and can ride my bike as i want and if i crash on a long board i can now go to a hospital. see it all works out. :) if anyone would like to unpack the rest of my stuff and feng shui my home, i'd be eternally grateful. so pray about it.

5 comments:

Sparklebot said...

I enjoy your couch.

Melanie Barkley said...

I love your new couch. That's a step up from "the disease".

Jaimie said...

YOUR guitar?!? let's clarify...
p.s. you've been struggling lately with your "there's." (check out your blog and the email you sent the fam.) You might want to review some school house rock videos. But besides all that, your couch is cute and hip.

jess said...

smash & melanie- spanks, i love my new couch but am not loving paying back my credit card for all my moving purchases.

the favorite...back off i've been stressed lately. don't judge me.

Kaye and Jared said...

yeah!! You're getting settled!