Wednesday, February 17, 2010

lent

so in case you forgot
today is ash wednesday
i wonder if it might be
one of the tortuous days of the year
for thousands...
maybe millions
although i'm not catholic
there a lot of people that are
and many who participate in lent
i was going to pass on
the "joy" of sacrificing something
i thought i could give up
my occasional swearing
but have come to terms
that i still think it's funny to curse
then after some peer pressure at work
i finally listened to our it worker
who told me my pancreas
is in pain every time i drink a soda
which has been daily lately
yesterday he went into diabetes
which does run in the family
but so does drinking coke!
it's a family culture thing see link below
so i folded
and went cold turkey today...
let's just say
i wanted a coke at 9 a.m. this morning
cravings are real
and no i'm not prego
it was not fun
sacrificing is not fun
coke=happiness
but i made it through day one
when is easter?

3 comments:

Jaimie said...

can I give up homework?

Sparklebot said...

Why give up something for lent to show solidarity with the Catholics? Do they fast every first Sunday to show solidarity to you? NO!

Enjoy these times when you can openly mock them for their weird religious ways.

Dezi & Brock said...

Way to go Jessie! You're so strong, I quit in August but I'm currently craving cupcakes like crazy. Ridiculously crazy. I want cheery chip cupcakes with cream cheese frosting on them... a whole batch to myself. BE STRONG!!!