Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fat kid like cake

embarrassing...

so i go in to get my blood work done this morning
i ask the check-in guy and this convo starts:
me: how long are you supposed to fast for?
c-i g: about 12 hours
me: uhh i'm at about 8-9 hours is that o.k. or should i come back later?
c-i g: it's shouldn't be a problem. what did you eat?
me: (hesitating) cake
c-i g: oh you should be fine. i'll just write that on a note to your doctor
me(thinking great now my doctor will know): i did eat a lot of vegetables and fruit right before that too
c-i g (probably thinking yeah right, and looking at his computer): oh actually with this test that doesn't matter you didn't even have to fast.
me: oh o.k. (but wanting to say...oh great thanks now i had to fast and i feel like a fattie)

let's just say i normally don't even like cake either! i love sugar, candy, tarts, brownies you name it but now i feel i'm going to be labeled as a 11 p.m. cake eater.

the blood drawn encounter was also funny:
blood drawer: which arm would you like to use?
me: this one has been working good
small talk ensues
bd: you smell nice
me: thank you it's lotion
i can't tell if he's trying to hit on me or just be nice
after more small talk
bd: is that by chance sensual amber by bath and body works?
me: yes it is, good nose

conclusion: he either a. has a girlfriend b. loves woman's lotion

interesting morning all before 8:30 a.m.

6 comments:

Wooden's said...

great story jess, you are still super chunk

Juli said...

This was a very sensual experience, it sounds like!

Jill said...

love it--great story!

Jaimie said...

as I'm reading it, the thing that came to mind was the fat kid in The Goonies, crying as he is talking to the villans.... :) the lotion story is great too, and he knew EXACTLY what it was! brilliant. you should of asked for his number, even if you got a gay friend out of it.

Will & Cheyenne said...

That's funny!!!

Katie Curtis said...

love encounters like those, and love love love that scent, my fave!