Friday, July 9, 2010

it's the little things...

i just got back from central oregon
which i love
clear blue skies
drier climate
good people that remind me
of the terrible hustle i'm in over on the west side
life is slower there
and i long for that

in my upcoming change
people were very supportive
complimentary and just plain kind
i'll miss working with them

my favorite comment
was from a lay commission chair in prineville
he wanted to let me know that
although this is work time
once he found out i was going to be at their meeting
he got off the tractor just for me
may seem little to you
but for a small town
and for a man who's livelihood is his farm/ranch
and who purely volunteers
to support children, youth and families
in his county
it meant the world
to me

1 comment:

Maggie said...

See, there are good men out there.