Tuesday, July 27, 2010

made it

after some devoted helpful men
from my congregation
i got moved.

yesterday was madness...
seeing my supervisor for the last time
staying too long cleaning up a few files
waiting in a long line at comcast

only being able to wet my hair
and blow dry it
before my informational interview
because of earlier time extensions
put on power suit
called marilyn, friend/co-worker
to drive me to interview office
put on pointy-i-mean-business-
and-i'm-suffering-in-these-shoes-
that-i-only-wear-
with-my-power-suit
just-to-get-a-job-
and-let-you-know-
i'm-serious

moving as much as i personally could
to my neighbor's garage
men showing up to move big stuff
get trailer
listen to u haul man
think i or dave have never put on a trailer
pizza
cleaning
seeing sarah before i go
not returning her tape by accident
getting to west linn after 10:30 pm
having kirstin haul up
the bed & chest of drawers
realizing i didn't grab
the right bed frame
dragging everything else out of my car
setting up room
re-pack for alaska
finally showering about 3 am
took nap for 45 minutes
woke up
took the longer way
finding my friend laurie's house
to drop off her books
thule box making noise on freeway...
pulled over screw was falling off...
getting to megan's
leaving civi
walk to the max
get on max to airport
fly out of pdx at 7 am
maybe doing one last work thing...
emailing last work thing
from airport

meals consisted of: cheeze-its, one slice of pizza
and milk and coca-cola

now i'm done...
easiness
to follow
no schedule needed now
the sun is shinning for me in alaska
i'm happy kaye is running late
because i have no worries...
for now

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Good Job, have a wonderful time, you deserve it.

Juli said...

Yes, yes. Glad the stress is suspended for now. Enjoy AK. Love you.

Jaimie said...

sounds like jess to me!