Sunday, February 22, 2009

old stompin' grounds

on the way to the hot springs we dropped by some of my old stompin' grounds. this post is more for my parents than anyone else. this is where i first went to school, got kissed by the sandbox in kindergarten (which i thought was disguisting), kicked a lot of kids trash at teather ball, peed my pants religiously every year when my teachers wouldn't let me go (word to the wise, when i say i need to go, i'm not messing around), and where a tree was the best play toy. imagine ran wild and life was simple by reading horse books.


it's had a face lift (thank goodness) since i was there but even 8.5 years ago when i stopped by my old kindergarten teacher was still there. amazing!

this is the little church we went to. my father was the branch president here and i remember him having cinnamin bears in his office. when we drove up my friends were suprised of how small it was. one friend commented how neat it was that there even such a small church for the people.


cheers to memories!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Gee...Sentimental feelings came rushing over me. I can't wait to come up and share the surroundings with you. It sounds like those hot springs haven't changed too much in the last 25 years! Thanks for sharing.Don't share too much next weekend.

Juli said...

So sweet.