Saturday, February 14, 2009

valentine/birthday love midsingle style

for those of you that aren't aware, today is oregon's 150th birthday. in celebration, i went snow shoeing with the midsingles group out of portland area. nice peeps. good trail to upper lake near frog lake at mt. hood. after a late night watching wall e, which i loved...may it be a reminder to us all fat americans...i got up early and headed up. one of the impressive thing i saw was a super cool couple x-c skiing with their little baby. the dad had her probably in her baby bjorn and facing his chest as he and his wife x-c skiied. i'm sorry but that kicks you know what. it gave me hope of awesome parenthood dreams. when we reached our destination of upper twin lake we were greeted by igloos. i really wanted to go in the more intact igloo but the x-c skiiers were hogging it.



the experience was goodness to my soul. i ended today with a hot bath,

starting the monkey wrench gang,

and being grateful i didn't torture myself in thinking i had to go to a ysa valentine's dance.

gross.



also if your able to get some lovin' today... please get some extra for me.

in memory of me lacking the access to get any.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

gorgeous! I wish UT had enough snow to snowshoe. I swear this winter has sucked big time. It snows one day and then the next day it's warm enough to melt it all. :( When are you coming into town again? Call me so we can meet up for lunch...I want you to meet Miles. :)

Juli said...

By the way Animal Vegetable Miracle is a mirace to my soul. Thank you muches! The hot tub overlooking the view sounded great to me.