Monday, May 11, 2009

drying out

viva las vegas! dry heat has never felt so good!
snapshot of the weekend/vacation thus far:

friday. fly in late...
wait for hilary and katrina to get out of the concert.
watch some one's bags at the airport waiting for the bomb to go off since she took a good 20+ minutes and they kept replaying the notice to not ask watch unknown peoples' bags for them.
didn't blow up

sat. morning
5 mile strip run...running down the las vegas strip that is.
kinda fun.
soaking up the rays at the monte carlo pool.
101 degrees has never felt so good.
i was drying out my body.
i just wanted to stay there the rest of the day.
early dinner with a good end of a playoff game.
lil' shopping but acting cheap, as normal.

freshen up for dave matthews (and jason mraz)
walk across the street to the mgm.
excellent concert.
i shed a lil' tear in my eye.
the energy in concerts of a beloved artist baffles me.
belting the lyrics with everyone else.
dancing in a restricted area.
being charmed by other dave lovers.

a shout out goes to my freshman roommate, da becca jex, for introducing me to dmb.
i was memorized by crash and played repeat for a good hour or longer
it's been a love affair ever since.

my earnest devotion has lessened through the years
but the love still lingers in my heart for dmb.
i haven't listened for awhile
but some lyrics reminded me
of my connection in some philosophies of life

sunday.
church with the mom, dad and grandpa.
great meal, with my aunt that always is serving...
chillaxing with family
backyard firepit
stories from g-pa about relatives
especially about the his g-mother and mother...
hence the day
priceless...

2 comments:

Maggie said...

It was good to spend a couple of days with you. I hope not to say the words, brown&aqua, pavillion, and "it really doesn't matter" at least for a few days, or weeks!" --G-pa is the best.

Chris Grover said...

your posts always make me laugh, jess! i was just reading back on your most recent ones -- you funny girl! it's funny because every time i hear dmb, i ALWAYS still think of bec! vegas sounds dreamy. i need a vacation!