Wednesday, June 23, 2010

egg store

just so you're aware...
i work at the egg store
my good friend/coworker's son, k
let my friend know
that's what i do for a living

another co-worker has chickens
and her two girls collect eggs
and we buy them from her
for a mere $2 bucks
such a deal for happy farm eggs

many times i deliver eggs to my friend
and her son k on my way home from work
since she work part time

it left me slightly pondering
what a good and easy life i'd have
if i just delivered eggs

tempting.

it adds now to the list of being called bagel girl
in grad school
every wednesday
i'd buy bagels for two friends
and deliver them in class
in the mornings
right before i graduated my friend
let me know that was my secret nickname

i should probably just deliver
breakfast foods
and quit my job.
wish someone would pay me
for these services

delivery services
and social work
i'm never going to
pay off my student loans.

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

I like that idea. It reminds me of mom's "communal living" idea, which I was pondering yesterday and really wouldn't mind. Delivering breakfast sounds a lot better than having to make breakfast/lunch for people every day...sigh...

Juli said...

Deliver to me, and I'll let you move in for free. You can also babysit for free. But I can't pay your student loans! By the way, I love you, and I'm glad we talked the other day.