Monday, June 28, 2010

disgusting

so friday when i came home from work
i smelled something bad in my house
i checked mouse trap area
and found no traps snapped
so forgot about it and hurried up
to portland for the weekend

we'll when i came home last night
there was the stench of something dead
where was the problem
i was afraid some dead mouse was in a wall dead
stinking up my house
i looked in again but didn't see anything

well in it finally being warm
in oregon
the smell grew
so with my vacuum i went into the closet area
under my stairs...
upon sucking up droppings
in the dark area
my vacuum got something big...
when i pulled it out
a large rat
(i thought it was a large mouse
but my mother-after describing it to her
and how long the tail was
said it was a rat)

i should have started counting
how many times i said gross
it was SO GROSS!
of course the lil' b
was decomposing
so after some skills
of vacuuming and picking it up
by the suction
then having the brown paper bag
in the perfect place
so when i turned off the hose of the
vacuum
he just fell
SO GROSS!

then i had a bleach fest
GROSS!

this is when i:
a. wish my home teachers lived close by
b. was closer to my male neighbors
c. wish i let my neighbors 5+ cats in
disgusting.

6 comments:

Jaimie said...

EWWWWW! worst story. ever. You failed to mention this on the phone today!

Sparklebot said...

Oh man. Dead rats STINK. Once in DC, my neighbor put out some poison (we had a major rat problem in our hood), and 5 rats died in my back yard all at once. I went out one day and it smelled like an elephant had died.

Ben and Jenny said...

That is gross!!! At least you found it though!

Globe Trecker said...

That is so gross! You are a trooper ... gosh.

Juli said...

Once a mouse had been decomposing in our couch. We thought it was something in the heater, until the smell became unbearable and finally we had Sara sniff it out. Patrick wouldn't even let me see the nasty little creature. Yuck and yuck some more.

glenna said...

Oh yuck! Kind of glad it was dead though. We had a pack rat at the bookstore in Vernal where I worked and he destroyed all kinds of things before they caught him in a trap. He was the size of a cat! auuggghhh!